Friday, April 24, 2009

Recent events

1. Jonathan lost his first tooth today.


2. I am currently coveting a fern green curio cabinet. I found this cabinet hiding in a furniture store last Saturday, while we were buying a more practical bookcase. It's very classy looking, but painted bright green. It's a personality piece. It would match my living room, with the bright green painting over the fireplace and the bright modern rug on the floor. Actually, I haven't found the rug yet. But when I do, it will be a bright modern rug on the floor. Anyway, after several minutes of watching me drool, the saleslady offered to put the cabinet on hold for me over the weekend. But the weekend is well over, and I didn't buy it. It's too impractical. And we're in a recession. And I don't have a wall for it to stand against in my living room. But I loved it.


3. Graduation day. A very good day for wearing striped socks. Especially since I have to walk as a faculty member. I found these online at Sock Dreams, which I've never heard of, but I do like these socks. They're cheaper than the curio cabinet. But I can wait until my birthday.

4 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

The fitted toes would drive me CRAZY! :)

Peggy said...

Oh for heavens sakes, buy the green cabinet. It will make you smile every day!

Letterpress said...

I'm with Peggy. Plus, it will be your favorite piece of furniture for years and years--just like my red chairs are for me.

E

Malcolm Purcell said...

I'm with Peggy and Letterpress. Buy the green curio. I love it and you deserve it!
Kris