Sunday, April 5, 2009

My mistakes of this week

1. I waited to eat the avocado. I thought it would be good for one more day. And then one more day. And then one more day. It wasn't.

2. I was overzealous in my trimming of the ivy on the front of the house. There were a lot of dead leaves there at the bottom, so I grabbed the end of the vine and yanked.

"Uh," said Tim, "that's looking a little sparse there. ... Maybe it will grow back?"

And the biggest mistake by far:

3. I checked out the wrong book from the library. With a whole weekend in front of me, I thought I would read a trilogy. But I didn't realize until I was 20 pages from the end of book 2 that I didn't actually have book 3, but instead some anthology of stories. Panic ensued, followed by a quick trip to the library again, only to discover that all five copies of book 3 were now checked out.

Oh woe is me. I will have to wait until next weekend to finish the story.

3 comments:

Thora said...

Is this the Sabriel series you reviewed on Goodreads? Because if so, I own the trilogy. Too bad I'm halfway across the nation from you...

Letterpress said...

Erma Bombeck said she knew she'd hit middle age when she ate the just ripe bananas first, rathering that the nearly-dead bananas. (You know having to use up the old ones first.)

And after 15 years, the camelias out front have finally recovered from my trim job. I think it's about time to do it again.

Laura Dee said...

So, what's the trilogy, and did you get the 3rd book? I'll need to become your friend on Goodreads.