Wednesday, February 11, 2009

At least it's not inversion


Another snow day, captured above on a traffic camera near our house.

Walking through campus this morning, my thoughts went like this:

1. I look like a dork in my snow gear.
2. So what?
3. Are those ladies laughing at me?
4. Of course they're not laughing at me.
5. But I do look like a dork in my snow gear.
6. Why should I care if they're laughing at me?
7. Woah that girl just slipped. I will walk around that ice patch and not slip.
8. I am so clever to walk on the edge and not slip.
9. Woah! (as I slip and sprawl onto the sidewalk).
10. Who saw that? Are they laughing at me?
11. Because I do look like a dork.
12. So what if I look like a dork? I am a dry dork.

There you have it. A moment of of insight into the head of a brilliant (and humble) woman.

No comments: