Thursday, September 18, 2008

In Germany

I am hiding out in the middle of the Black Forest in Germany, with no telephone, wireless, or even little paper wrapped mini soaps in my bedroom. This afternoon I walked three hours to a little hotel to eat Black Forest cake. I then attempted to catch a bus back, but found my German very inadequate. After I did a little bee dance in the bus to try to indicate where I had come from, and where I was going, the driver nodded, charged me 2.40 Euros, and drove me back through the valley. My only internet fix comes from the cafeteria, where there is unsecured wireless access. Here I sit, banana peel on my left, writing, while the guy at the table across the hall steals my passwords and empties my bank account. Except luckily, the bank account is pretty much empty after the remodel anyway. Ha! So there!

My point is that I am in the middle of nowhere. Therefore I am excused from writing.

No comments: