Monday, September 8, 2008

All is well

Some follow up information:

1. Mr Uber-organized, a.k.a. Tim, found the necessary tax documents within an hour of looking. The documents were tucked into a file that was neatly labeled inside a box that was neatly labeled inside a cabinet that was behind several boxes of books and a bedframe. But he found it. It is now ready to fax Monday morning. So bring it on. No one can compete with Tim's organizational prowess.

2. I love my electrician. He was recommended by a subcontractor who took pity upon us when Mr Over-contractor went AWOL. He has rewired my whole house in his evenings and weekends. Every single light switch works. Every single wire is accounted for. Every plug functions and is up to code. He recommends wiring up smoke detectors, and then all our electricity will be up to current code. And he will do it all and wire the house for phone, internet, and cable. I love the guy.

3. I live in a beautiful new (to me) 1960's home. Even if upon entrance all you see are the projects yet to be finished. Like the massive hole in the wall and the lack of a stair rail. Or the hole in the kitchen floor that drops to the laundry room. But if you overlook these things, you will see that my house is actually very nice and someday it will be very beautiful. This is easier to remember when (#1) Tim finds the tax documents and (#2) my electrician does such great work and actually gets things finished. I then remember that a little organization conquers all and eventually, projects really can be finished.

Also, not every 1960's home in the neighborhood looks as nice as ours. Even with holes in walls and floors, ours is in very good shape and I'm very pleased to be living here. Or I will be soon. So I will hereby stop complaining.

4. And the gutters have been installed (although not yet the downspouts), so we will never again repeat the all night flooding incident. As much pity as that incident generated, it was nothing as bad as having a newborn, who wakes up every two hours for weeks and weeks. I have lived through having a newborn. I can live through single night rainstorms. I am committed. Bring them on.

So all is well. Although I worry and complain and get stressed out and fussy, all is well. By November, we may be calm enough for house guests.

1 comment:

Letterpress said...

AH, but it's the different levels of happiness/complaininess/cheerfulness, etc. that really make your blog. I like them all.

E.
Glad things are better.