Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sunshine

It is strange to think that other people are moving into winter now. I saw a picture of a cousin on a social media site, with snowflakes stuck to her hat. Our world doesn't look anything like that.

Sometimes I visit the other large university in the city. On days that I visit that university, I walk up the boulevard just to the west of our building to the large central train station.

When I head to my own university, I walk across the park just to the east of our building to a different station. Both stations are within walking distance, and both are very nice walks, through parks or past them, along tree lined streets.

If you ride the train from the first train station to the second, there is one station in between.

On Thursday, just to do something different, I decided to get off the train at the station in between, and walk home from there. My phone map suggested that I walk from the station to the stoplight, then cross into a park, walk through the park, over a pedestrian bridge over the river, and then through the Botanic gardens. Once through, walk a block, then cut through the edge of another park.

It was a 10 minute longer walk, but probably the loveliest walk of all.

I took some pictures. This one looks over the lawns and pond toward the city centre.


This is deep in the fern gully: one of my favourite places.


The lawn here sweeps down to the lily pond.


As you can see, we have finally broken out of winter. The trees all have their leaves again. The air is thick with the scent of flowers, and with pollen. (Tim and Jonathan are back on allergy medication.)

And I am so happy to have the sunshine again, at least for a few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Soak up that sun while you can!

KP