Sunday, November 26, 2017

Giving thanks, 2017

I am thankful for strong bones and muscles, and two feet that carry me through the botanic gardens when I feel like taking the extended walk home.

I am thankful for windows that open and close. For weather warm enough to keep them open all night, and for fruit bats that giggle and cackle in the park outside the window until 3.00am.

I am thankful for daylight savings time (DST). I still don't like the act of changing the hour, but the fact that we're on DST and family is off means we're only five hours apart, and a late afternoon chat actually works.

I am thankful that Edgemont Elementary started a French immersion program just when we needed a first grade. Eight years later, the family is honorary French.

A lady in our ward organizes an annual French event in Melbourne, and knowing our honorary French-ness, she gave us two complimentary tickets. I am so thankful for her kindness! Jonathan and I spent the day yesterday eating fondue, pastries, and tarte flambee, attending cooking demonstrations, and watching French films. All because of Laura and because of Edgemont Elementary.


I am thankful for a job that keeps me busy and interested and anxious. I am thankful for opportunities to stretch and learn and become the person I want to be when I grow up.

I am thankful for morning rain showers and afternoon thunderstorms and allergy medication.

I am thankful for late spring, early summer. I am thankful to be here. Right here, right now. To have bare feet and short sleeves, and yet to be warm. And to be thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a great picture. I love Jonathan's hair.