Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Free

Tim and I have been away from home a lot in the last four months.  First, I was gone most of June.  Then Tim was gone most of July.  And then I was gone again for much of August.  At church, I found a substitute for my job playing piano, but I think everyone grew tired of trying to remember when I would be around and when I would not.  One of the ladies currently in charge of organizing the class asked me upon my return if I would be around for a while now, and I said yes.  My next major travel wasn't until October.  She raised her eyebrows.

By the next week, they had found someone else for the piano playing job.  I should add here, for those less familiar, that our jobs in church are all volunteer. Typically, people rotate through church jobs, switching in and out every year or two.  Before I was pianist, I was a teacher for the adult Sunday school class.  Before I was an adult teacher, I was a kids' teacher.  The difference with switching out this time is that I'm not switching back in.  I am officially out, with no plans for anything new until a year from now.

It's kind of a relief.  I can now travel without the added hassle of finding substitutes.  And that's lucky for me, because I forgot that my next time away was actually in September.  I missed last week again, because I was saying farewell to these people:


Good luck, above people.  You will need it.

No comments: