Monday, August 23, 2010

Modified lessons from church

Think of the word Satisfaction.

I would like more satisfaction with my life. Who wouldn't?

What do I need to do to get more satisfaction?

Look at the last six letters of the word Satisfaction. They spell Action.

Now throw those six letters away. Throw away three more letters while you are at it.

What are you left with? That's right. Sat.

I think if I sat around more regularly, I would feel more satisfied with life.

****

While we are playing with letters, I want you to note that there is no I in Team.

But there is me in Team. In fact, without me, the team would just be ta. As in, ta ta, team.

Which, I suppose, must mean that I am the most important part of the Team after all. Which is what I suspected all along.

****

What games do you play during church lessons?

2 comments:

lenalou said...

Oh, I LOVE this. It always bugs me when people find some sort of cosmic meaning in words like that with no etymological basis for their theory.

But I don't have clever games to share. I just pinch myself once in a while in sacrament meetings to stay awake.

Letterpress said...

I've resorted to that technique made famous by Brother Eyering (the father) that when he was bored he would give himself the lesson, or sermon,on the same topic, seeing what he could come up with.

I've been giving myself a LOT of sermons/lessons lately.

Scary thought: I have to teach RS on Sunday. But I promise not to do those things in my lesson.