Monday, March 9, 2009

So good to be home

My week away was good. It was fun, for one thing, to work on my research and just my research. I remembered how much I like my work, and why I decided to go into my field in the first place. Because it's fun.

But it's better to be back. Much better to be back. There are better things at home than anywhere else.

At home, for example, I get a lot of hugs. After church this afternoon, we walked up to the park under the shadow of the mountain and played tag on the playground. When I tagged Jonathan on the back, he laughed and ran away and said it didn't count unless I got both arms around him. So even tag ended in hugs.

At home, there is home made ice cream. Technically, there isn't always home made ice cream. There is only home made ice cream today because my cousin Heidi made some for us while we sat in her kitchen and chatted with the family. You get that at home. (Thanks, Heidi!)

There is more noise at home. Good noise. Like Jonathan, singing nonsense songs in the bathtub. Somehow I can't appreciate hearing others sing nonsense songs in the bathtub when I'm staying by myself in a hotel.

At home, there is my cozy armchair, my down comforter, and my snuggly robe. And dryer sheets to take away the static.

It's good to be home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"It's good to be home." Hear, hear. Especially because of the mentioned hugs and sweet sounds of children singing. Home is best. : )