Friday, October 3, 2008

Clown and Poker FAQ's

In this post, I answer all your questions about this blog.

1. Um. Has anyone really been asking questions? Frequently?

People ask me questions all the time. Just a minute ago, someone asked me how to do a particular homework problem, for example. Technically, not many people have asked me questions about this blog. Lucky for you, I can anticipate questions people will be asking in the future.

For example, People want to know:

2. What is the meaning of the name? Is it something rude?

The Clown and Poker is the name of the pub I will never own. Nor visit. It was suggested to me as a name for a home by a very attractive man.

Although I have not yet given my physical home the name Clown and Poker, it is now, in some sense, the name of my cyber home. The attractive man is happy.

3. Have I seen that attractive man before?

Yes. Yes you have. He was a prominent character in this post. In fact, he turns up in a lot of my posts. I like to decorate my posts with attractive people.

4. Who writes the blog?

I do.

5. Who are you?

I am a young and attractive teacher/researcher at a university in the western United States. I moved to the western United States this fall from England, where I was a young and attractive researcher in England. I have a young child and an attractive husband. All my relatives and friends are also attractive, as are my three lurkers. I think that pretty much covers everybody reading this post. Who are you?

6. I've noticed that home remodeling seems to be a theme. Is that ever going to end?

No. No. I think it will never end. Alas. That adds a bit of tragedy to this otherwise cheerful blog.

7. Are you going to write 11 posts per month? I only ask because I once knew another blogger who wrote 11 posts per month, and I notice that you wrote 11 in September.

I never intended to write 11 posts in September. I was going to write 12. Or 10. Just to show the world how different I am from that Other blogger you once knew. I was going to spend September breaking through the artificial restrictions that Other blogger put upon herself and her blog by writing 11 posts.

Somehow, September ended up with 11 posts. Weird, eh? I wonder what that means?

8. Don't you have work to do?

Um yes. That's why I am now stopping.

If you would like to send more questions, I will answer them. Frequently.

2 comments:

Thora said...

Hey, I'm attractive! Good to know. I did used to wonder it was always supposed to be eleven posts a month. Now I know. I sometimes want to write a FAQ's and pretend that people ask me questions about myself, life, or blog. No one has yet, so maybe I'll just invent some questions too.

Letterpress said...

You crack me up. A good thing.

Come visit. I need levity in my life. I'd visit you, but it's that home remodeling thing. . . you know.

E.