Sunday, May 17, 2020

The view from here

A little less than a week ago, the premier announced that the oldest and youngest children would go back to school at the end of May, and the others two weeks later.

So Jonathan will be going back to school in about a week and a half.

I hope we're ready. I guess we're ready. There have been fewer and fewer cases, with more testing. There are fewer known cases now than there were while Jonathan was still attending school in March.

But there are still cases. There are two outbreak clusters that are growing, and other cases identified that aren't clearly linked. Still, the strategy here was never to completely eliminate the disease. The plan was to test, track, shut down schools and businesses locally in the event of an outbreak, and do this well enough that life could go back to somewhat normal.

Only seven new cases overnight. Only 110 active cases in the state. We're doing ok. We can move forward here in ways that other countries can't. Jonathan will go back to school. Maybe I'll even teach from the university instead of from my bedroom when the second semester starts at the end of July. Maybe.

Meanwhile, we eat and sleep and work. Move from screen to screen to screen. Bake bread. Cook meals. Walk.

I take photos of our walks.


Tim and Jonathan complain that they have to wait for me.  


But the world is still a nice place, and the camera helps me remember that.


Talking and walking and processing.


I think we'll be ok here. I hope. Back to school anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We aren't to that point yet. Seniors finding different ways to graduate. A very different year, but certainly memorable!

Stay safe. Wish I could sample that bread

Love you,
KP