Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Last week

Last week, with coauthors, I put a 44 page research paper up on a preprint server, based on work we had been doing for a few years. It's the work I describe in this movie, which my university made about me back in November:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnaEG0BpRos

The next day, we submitted a grant proposal to the Australian Research Council. Their rate of funding is low, but we've been funded before. I hope we're funded again. We won't know until November or later.

And then a couple of days after that, I finished a draft of the textbook I've been working on, off and on, for about ten years. On Friday, I also posted it to a preprint server. I'll submit it for publication in about 1.5 weeks now.

Also on Friday, letter in hand, I showed up to take an Australian citizenship interview and test. And I passed. Now I only have to wait for an invitation to a citizenship ceremony, when I will be sworn in as an Australian citizen. I'll keep my US citizenship as well, so I can pay taxes in two countries for the rest of my life.

Then Saturday morning I was up early thinking about faith, but you probably already heard about that one.

In any case, it was a productive week.


Yes, I am kind of exhausted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Your hard work inspires us all.
KP