Friday, August 23, 2019

Rolling closer to spring





The wattle trees are in bloom again, and they are gorgeous. And they smell heavenly.

They start blooming around late July. They stay in bloom through August, and then the weaker non-native flowering trees join them with flowers in September.

Wattle trees are a good reminder that spring is coming.

Sunshine also is a good indication of spring. There is sunlight during the morning walk to school, and the afternoon walk home, although still no sunlight for the evening walk around the park.

***

I signed up to be in Germany next week, but I canceled a few weeks ago. My latest jetlag was just too painful to endure another thirty hours of travel for a week of meetings and a thirty hour flight home. I promised I would spend the week working on a related paper instead. So work on that paper starts ... now.

Next time I'll decide the conference is less painful.

No comments: