Saturday, September 3, 2016

Spring

Spring is here! Or it's coming. Or both! That's the way Spring does it's thing. It's coy. Teasing. Sly. Spring.


We went for a spring walk along the Yarra River. I want you to notice how tall the small one has become. All his imported clothing is getting too short, too snug, too worn. He wears a uniform to school, and that still fits, so he isn't desperate for new things. But school holidays are coming, and I think he will be in trouble in a couple of weeks when he has to wear something else. 

Meanwhile, the boy is still his crazy self. Lately, his crazy self has had a thing with the French national anthem. It's like the French national anthem got into his belly, and it just belches out at random times. I will be sitting quietly, doing important quiet things like internet surfing, when suddenly behind my left ear I hear an explosion:

ALLONS ENFANTS DE LA PATRIE!

And then I jump, and scream a little, and the spouse and I yell at the boy to QUIET DOWN! And we go back to our quiet lives doing our quiet things until it suddenly belches out again:

LA JOUR DE GLOIRE EST ARRIVE!

I don't know how the French national anthem got in there, but I wish I knew how to get it out. Antacid maybe?

The first picture above was lovely, but not native. I leave you with a final picture, native wattle flowers. They smell wonderful. I love you, Spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks very pretty. Maybe someday I'll see spring in Australia.

Love you.

KP