Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fruit flies!

Aack!  We have a fruit fly infestation!  Here, inside our house.  And I don't know why, and it is driving me crazy.

When I was in high school, I grew fruit flies in blue oatmeal in test tubes, and I learned important things about fruit flies.  Like they can have red or black eyes, and sometimes wrinkled wings, and they multiply exponentially.  And most importantly, that they eat blue oatmeal.

I swear there is no blue oatmeal anywhere in my house.  So where are the flies coming from?  What are they eating?  We have taken out the compost, cleaned the sink and double cleaned the sink.  There is no fruit outside of our refrigerator.  And yet I have smashed about a bazillion fruit flies this evening.  And then a bazillion more have come to take their place.

I can't take it anymore.  I am throwing out all the houseplants.

1 comment:

Letterpress said...

I hate fruit flies. I throw out stuff because of them. Hope you track down where they're coming from!