Saturday, March 17, 2012

Stupid

A couple of people have asked how the meeting with the dean went.  It was ok.  He met with all the women faculty in the college.  We fit into a pretty small meeting room.  I went in fully intending to be supportive but to try to avoid saying anything I would regret later.  And I did pretty well for a while, until my impassioned plea for quality child care took me a little over the top, and I had to stop talking before I started crying.

Come on, stupid, the dean can't do anything about child care.

Dude.  I'm such a calm, confident professional woman, eh?

Want to hear other examples of my calm, confident professionalism?

I promised a colleague I would evaluate her teaching, and completely forgot to show up to her class.  I handed back midterms, then got back to my office and realized I never recorded the scores.

And most recently, I offended a good friend.

Tim claims you can tell when I have a migraine coming on just by the tone of my blog posts.  Happy-go-lucky in between migraines.  Gloomy just before.  (No writing during migraine, thanks.)

But this seems like more than just a migraine.  This is chronic stupidity.

I will let you know.

1 comment:

Letterpress said...

Ah. Isn't it the pits to be human?

Thankfully, in all of that, you are humane and still wonderful. Hang in there.