Thursday, December 15, 2011

December oranges

There are things I don't like about December, such as the darkness and the grading of giant piles of final exams.

But there are more things that I do like about December, like classes ending and building wood fires and playing Christmas songs on the piano.

One of my favorite things about December is that oranges are in season.  On Saturday, we bought a 40 pound box of oranges, to eat amongst the three of us.  There are things I like about having 40 pounds of oranges sitting around the house.  Oranges!  Any time!  Eat all you want!  40 pounds of oranges is pretty much a never-ending supply of orange goodness.

There are also things I don't like about having 40 pounds of oranges sitting around the house.  When you eat all you want, really, your insides can't keep up.  And then that can get stinky.  Hypothetically speaking here.  I don't really post about stinkiness in public.

1 comment:

Letterpress said...

We love our 25 bags of oranges from our local orange stand. We buy them about every two weeks--I'd keep them in the fridge (garage if it doesn't freeze) after a while as they can go moldy if it's too warm. But given that I am commenting on this post 2 weeks after the fact, you may have already figured this out.

We squeeze our oranges into juice--every morning. A real luxury. Glad you're enjoying them!