Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wedding luncheon

So.

(Posts that start with "So" are always the worst.)

My brother is getting married on Saturday. Congratulations to my brother.

Yesterday I was asked to please organize a wedding luncheon for Saturday afternoon.

This Saturday.

Because about 60 people have already been invited, and my mother feels too overwhelmed with her quilt making to plan lunch. After all, it wouldn't be a wedding without a new quilt. And the bride's mother is organizing the reception, of course.

Can you believe the organizational skills of my family? How did I ever make it through grad school with those genes in every cell in my body?

By moving out, that's how.

OK, relatives. We have already delegated rolls, turkey for sandwiches, and a couple pots of potato salad. Who wants to bring a few bags of chips? Anyone want to take on the condiments (mayo, mustard)? Fruit? I'm thinking I'll bring a box of apples. That's all that's really needed for a complete meal, right? We are good to go.

Yes, Nathan. You get what you pay for.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm giggling. Good luck. :)

Kristen said...

Dessert! That's what's missing.

Assign us something that can be picked up at the store on the way.