Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I voted

I've gone nearly a week without posting. That's because I have been meaning to upload some photos, and I have not. I am apparently too lazy to get the camera cable out and move the files over and wait while Google uploads them. Also, I have been keeping busy. I spent Halloween night writing a paper, for example, while Tim and Jonathan were out collecting candy. I spent the next afternoon shopping with Tim's mom, buying some needed house items, and then the evening hanging paintings in the house. The living room now looks really really great. Like people really live here. It's amazing the difference it makes. These are the things I need to post pictures of. You will have to wait.

Meanwhile, a timely, but photo-free post.

I voted.

I will be able to look back on this election year and tell my grandchildren that 2008 was the year I walked five miles uphill in the rain to cast my vote.

I really did.

It really was raining.

I don't have a car at work, so I had to walk approximately 1.5 miles back home to pick up Tim. Then we walked roughly a mile to our polling location. Then we both cast votes. Then we walked home, and then I walked back to work. Total: about five miles.

It was drizzling slightly the whole walk.

That, my friends, is dedication. You can use this story in your sacrament meeting talks to tell people about how dedicated they ought to be to their voting duty.

Or you can spin it into a story to frighten your children: look what a freak you might become if you don't watch out.

Either way, I have done my patriotic duty.

1 comment:

Mark and Emily said...

I love how we vote in Oregon...the ballot is mailed to us and we mail it back in. It is a glorious system! (At least we don't have to walk 5 miles in the rain)... :)