Wednesday, January 31, 2024

In Canberra

I've been in Canberra for almost four weeks now, teaching a summer school class. The class has been fun, but pretty intensive, with no breaks. For example I finished planning Monday's class on Sunday night. And then I had to plan the next one on Monday. And then the next one on Tuesday. And so on. And now it's getting late on Wednesday night and I need to organise two hours of material for tomorrow.

*Sigh*

But it has been nice being somewhere a little different, and a little warmer (on average) than Melbourne. We've had multiple days in a row with warm summer weather. That's different and fun and exciting. 

And I've seen a lot of birds and animals in Canberra. 

Like water dragons. 

And red-rumped parrots.


And an echidna -- sorry for the poor photo.


Campus is lovely. 



Over the second weekend, Tim and Jonathan came out to visit. We did some walking.


And a visit to the Canberra mint.

And the third weekend, which was a long weekend, a friend invited me to join her family at a beach house on the coast, and that was amazing and needs its own post. 

Anyway, Canberra has been great, and I'm happy to have come. And I'm really ready to go home again. 

*Sigh*


No comments: