Sunday, August 21, 2022

Going places, doing things!

We have been going places and doing things. It's kind of novel, after so much pandemic and so many lockdowns. We can just do things these days because we do things. 

I went to Creswick for a couple of days. Creswick is a small town in regional Victoria. There was rain, and a hike. And we were told that "Wednesdays we wear pink." So I wore pink. 

Too bad my outer coats were purple. They detracted from the otherwise overall pink-ness. 

Caption on this photo below: Selfies are hard.

Rain.
Wet.

But still nice, even if wet.

Then two days later, I was on the other side of Victoria, on the Mornington Penninsula for a work event. They put my in a room with a nice view.

But I didn't actually get to appreciate the view or the room much, because of the work event thing that took up all the daylight hours.

Back home, while riding public transit on the weekend, my map showed that I was passing a Melbourne Tram Museum. That sounded interesting. I looked it up. The museum is open only 24 days per year, but the next day happened to be one of them! 

Text to Tim and Jonathan: We are going to the Melbourne Tram Museum tomorrow. 

And we went. 

You could walk in and around the old trams, dating back to the 1880s. 


We got in on a free tour, too. What a deal!


And finally, while walking through the Botanic Gardens in the middle of the day, I saw various signs and setup for a light show they were running. So again a text to Tim and Jonathan: 

We're going to the Botanic Gardens light show event thingy. 

And we went. 





 Going places again. Doing things. It's kind of nice. Novel. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Love the lights.
It's so nice to be "free" again.....but I still wear the mask once in a while.


Love you....hope to visit next year.
KP