Friday, December 24, 2021

Melbourne's Royal Exhibition Building

On the 23 of December, the family and I went to get booster vaccinations. Tim and I were eligible for our third dose. And the state was running a walk-in vaccination clinic at Melbourne's Royal Exhibition Building, a gorgeous 19th century building built to host fairs and exhibitions. While the building's website says you can book a tour daily, I had never been inside. I had never managed to be around when the tours were running. It always seemed to be closed due to ... something. 

The state would be running the vaccination clinic there right up until close of business the day before Christmas Eve. So I embraced the option to finally see the inside of this beautiful building. Oh. And get another vaccine with the massive surge in covid-19 cases. I convinced the family to come along.

The building did not disappoint. 





I was the crazy lady taking all the photos in the line.


Jonathan, though not eligible for his third shot, came as my support person. So he could see the building too.





It was well worth the migraine and vomiting the following morning for the chance to both (1) see the Royal Exhibition Building, and (2) prepare myself from the incoming apocalypse that is omicron.

1 comment:

Letterpress said...

It reminds me of the National Portrait Gallery in Washington, D.C., a favorite. Glorious ceilings--glad you got boosted and were able to get some photos!