Monday, August 23, 2021

Coworker

I've been working from home a lot. 

When I work from home, every hour or so I stand up and walk over to the window to rest my eyes, watch the view, see what is happening. 

I discovered that I was not the only one watching the window regularly. Frequently, I found someone else at the window: 


 ... a medium sized spider hanging on its web.

I am not a big fan of spiders. Still, this one didn't move much. It became nice to say hello on a regular basis. She and I seemed to have an understanding. She would watch me, I would watch her. And she would not move much. And so the workday passed. I introduced her to my instagram followers as my coworker.

Fast forward to Sunday morning. Lazy day in bed. 9am, poking my phone.

Suddenly a huge black spider crawled over my shoulder and down my chest. 

There was much screaming and flailing about.

And more screaming and more flailing.

And I flung the phone and jumped off the bed and dusted myself over and over.

Tim found an upside-down medium-sized spider under the window and squished it. 

Jonathan was awake. 

"Who was murdered?" he asked when I walked down the hall soon after. (I was up -- might as well get breakfast!)

My coworker.

A few days ago, I cleaned out the remnants of the web on the window. 

Now I watch the view from the window alone.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly how big is a “medium” spider?
EM