Sunday, January 31, 2021

Last first day of school -- probably

The school year started on Friday. Assuming we don't stop, go online, and start again (as we did twice last year), this will be his last first-day-of-school photo.

Year 12

In a day of record-breaking rain.

I took the train with him to campus, and worked from my office while the rain pounded outside. Aside from the rain, campus was very quiet. And in terms of my workday, it just meant I held Zoom meetings from a new location. But with access to a printer! 

Jonathan was willing to stay a little late and come home with me when I had finished work, so I got to hear about the last first day on the train. 

Just for fun, some other first-days:

Year 11

Year 10

Year 9

Year 8

Year 7 -- Melbourne

Year 7 -- New Jersey

Year 6 -- Utah

The first time we came to Melbourne, since we weren't going to be in Australia long, we just put Jonathan into a class with others his age, rather than trying to match his grade level.

Year 4 -- Melbourne

And then we have the years in which no one took first-day-of-school photos. But these photos were taken near the first day of school.

Near Year 5

Near Year 4

Near Year 3

Year 2

Year 1

That's a lot of years of school. 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh! What a cutie. Can't believe he is ready to graduate. Awesome!
Love you JD.
KP