Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Doing stuff we used to do

On Sunday, the premier announced that we could go outside without a mask. Masks have been mandatory outside of the home since July. Masks are still required inside: in schools and shops and public transit. But when outside and not around other people, we can go without a mask. 

On Monday, putting on my shoes to go for a morning walk, I wondered, should I wear a mask?

I wore it.

On Tuesday, putting on my shoes to go for a walk, I wondered, should I wear a mask?

I put it in my pocket. Part way through my walk, I pulled it out of my pocket and put it on my face. 

On Wednesday, putting on my shoes to go for a walk, I left my mask off.

I walked around the park with no mask. 

Most of the other people in the park had no mask. They were smiling. We were all smiling. You could see all our smiles without the masks. It is a good time for smiling.
 

We went out to eat, seated, at an actual restaurant over the weekend. Restaurants are open for seating, provided you sign in. You can sit at the table and order food. Someone else cooks it and brings it to you. You can eat it all while sitting there at the table. At the end, someone takes your dirty dishes away and washes them for you. It is amazing. 

We ate at a restaurant on the beach. It was really really nice. There was sunshine and sand and palm trees. And someone else did the cooking and the dishes. And we ate the food right there, without having to take it somewhere else.

There is a whole new world on the other side of lockdown.

No comments: