Sunday, April 26, 2020

New stuff!

I've been doing a few new things this month:

New lessons. Particularly, ballet lessons, for the first time since high school. The Australian Ballet has recorded free ballet lessons for everyone, in three different levels. I did the first intermediate lesson in my kitchen on Saturday. Guys, it was really fun. Really really fun. I need to sign up for real ballet lessons after we are back to normal. I had forgotten how great dance could be. And how strong I used to be. Today, my legs ache in a really good way.

Take your own ballet lessons here:

https://australianballet.com.au/event/studios

New hair cut. I've wanted shorter hair for a while, but haven't taken the time to go get it cut. I decided to do something crazy and just cut it short myself. Because if it looks bad, I have at least a month to grow it out! Tim helped trim the jagged edges at the very back. I think it turned out well.


New diet. With Jonathan deciding to be vegetarian, we've tried a few different meal ideas. The vegetarian lasagna was a hit. The Moroccan couscous was good but not amazing. Tomorrow we'll try lentil soup. And there's always grilled cheese.

New stuff for work. I finished a paper last week, and posted it. I started organising a webinar. I gave an online talk to a crowd mostly in New York City, and attended another at 6:15am. I feel like I'm catching back up again. From my bedroom. And it's ok. I think I'll be ok. We'll be ok.

I hope you are also ok.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you so positive about everything! Love the haircut.
Stay safe and enjoy the new things.

KP
PS Lentil soup is really yummy. A few bits of carrot and celery and onion - yum!