Monday, December 24, 2018

Summer

The conference went well. All issues that arose were sorted. The talks were great, and I learned about a lot of cool things happening in my world of work.

The weather was cool, a bit rainy. Several people told me they had expected Melbourne to be warmer in the summer. But I told them it is Melbourne and summer weather is variable.

Sunday, however, the sky was finally clear and the air warmed up. We walked to the Botanic gardens and watched the birds.

And I watched the sky. Below is an actual sky photo.


Today it is even warmer. Shorts and t-shirts and sandals and maybe the beach later today. Tim and I went to the market this morning and bought a lot of fruit, and some sausages to grill in the park. There were a lot of people in the market early in the morning on Christmas Eve.

This is exactly the weather I hoped for on Christmas when we moved to the Southern hemisphere. We maybe should have picked a warmer city to guarantee warmer Christmases. But this year, the weather is looking just right.

No comments: