Friday, July 28, 2017

Hawaii

A family member pointed out the fact that I haven't written in a while.

It is true. I haven't written in a while. But I have good reasons for not writing.

First, we were going on holiday, and I was getting ready to go on holiday by doing things like ... not writing.

Then we were on holiday and I was not writing because I was on holiday.

And then we were back, and I was not writing because I was just back from holiday and I was in a post-holiday slump.

And then I decided that I liked being in a post-holiday slump and I'd extend it for a while.

Anyway, now that family members are asking what has happened, I guess I'd better start writing again.

We had a lovely holiday. Tim's parents and sister joined us on an island halfway between our house and theirs. In Hawaii. The weather was perfect. The activities were perfect. The people were perfect.

And I came home with a tan line. So perfect.

The one thing that wasn't perfect was the jellyfish that stung me. It was otherwise a lovely beach. And then I encountered just a little thread of tentacle across the front of my foot, that the wave then swept back to brush just slightly across the back of my calves. It totally would have been fine except those jellyfish stingers are filled with neurotoxin. The pain ran up my leg and numbed the whole thing to everything except pain. Pain. PAIN! Yikes!


And within 24 hours it was gone.

Until today.

I am having jellyfish ghost pains shoot through my lymph node in my leg.

Stupid jellyfish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh - I'm so sorry you are still having problems. That must have been a really potent
jellyfish. Maybe that's why the surfing teacher was covered from head to toe in
protection. Only her eyes were showing. But the kids didn't make friends with anything
stingy.

We spent the last night in the Disney Hotel and I was in heaven. Obviously I am in need of Air conditioning wherever I go. Glad to say my body is back to normal and once again I have ankles and can get all my clothes on!!!

Hope you get better.

Love,
KP