Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Sydney in lights

I was invited to speak in a seminar in Sydney. After the misery of the one day visit to Adelaide, I decided to plan the Sydney visit more carefully. I found flights that would get me there the night before, allow me to rest and be ready for the visit, and then fly home at a reasonable hour the following day. It was a much nicer trip.

And Vivid Sydney is on now, which is an event where they light up the city. I took a train to the Sydney Harbour two nights in a row to see the lights. It was surprisingly fun. I was sorry not to have any friends along to share it with. So now I'm sharing it with you.

The roof of the Sydney opera house was lit up. 


As was the city behind.


There was a walk through the Botanic Gardens, with lots of light exhibits set up by artists. The pictures didn't work out so well there, but there were lots of lighted trees.


Trees on fire.


Fairies in the trees.


Yeah, phone camera is not so great. But I offer a panorama.





The second night I walked the other direction, towards the bridge through the part of the city called the Rocks. I took a lot of bridge pictures.


And more opera house pictures, although the opera house ended up looking a lot farther away on the screen than in real life.


There were a lot of people out and about and also taking pictures, eating food. It was fun. And kind of bizarre.


I'm glad you came along with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

EM