Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Midwinter

Yesterday was the shortest day of the year. From now on we'll just get more and more daylight until we over take the northern hemisphere in number of daylight hours sometime around my birthday in the spring.

Tim has been away. He left for a trip for work, then stayed a few extra days to attend his grandfather's funeral. It's a lot quieter without Tim. We'll be happy to have him back.

I don't really have very much to share today, so I'll entertain you with photos from my phone.


The above picture was taken a little over a week ago, to highlight my poor quality phone camera. Jonathan and I were walking through the park on the way to the grocery store, and I noticed that some of the pigeons were looking a little pink. And then I realized they were actually a flock of galah cockatoos. I love the birds here.


And speaking of birds, this picture was taken just three days later. As I was walking to my office from the bus stop, this little guy came down to check out the big poof ball on the plant. This is a rainbow lorikeet, also native.

On Saturday there was a public protest for refugee rights in the city center (central business district). Jonathan and I were trying to take the tram home from skating practice, but the roads were blocked off in the CBD. So we watched the marchers instead.


This one is Jonathan heading toward our home later on Saturday. This is the front entrance to our apartment. I still love living here.


Jonathan and I played trivial pursuit two nights in a row. The first night, Jonathan and I were tied for a long time, before I was able to slip away for the win. The second night, Jonathan didn't have so much luck. But I did! For example, the answer to my question in the "sports and leisure" category (always the topic I answer last) was "the Australian open." Oh yeah. I didn't even have to guess!

Last picture.

I have a lot of pictures like this on my phone. This is one way I save ideas at work. There is an error in the argument on the bottom left, though, so this idea needs more work.


That's all for now.

No comments: