Thursday, December 10, 2015

Spiraling

Less than a week until we move from New Jersey.

Jonathan has been carrying around a form for each of his teachers to sign, and to report his current grades so far. Those grades won't matter. They won't transfer. He won't transfer. He gets six weeks of summer holidays followed by beginning a completely new school year in February.

I have a checklist in my office of things I need to do. In addition to updating addresses, and checking out of the apartment, I need to write a final report, describing the work I have done while here. I need to give copies of papers I have written to the staff. I have worked on several papers, but none have been written, start to finish. Two are very close. Maybe I'll send them along at the beginning of January.

And Tim is spending some of his last days on the east coast visiting his company's office in Boston. With less than a week before we move, he is away for business. Of course, last weekend I was also away. I went back to G.O.D. University for my student's dissertation defense. He passed, by the way. I feel so proud. My very first student. *Sniff*

It will be a while before we are settled again. We'll spend ten hectic days with family in winter, followed by a flight to Australia. We then need to go house hunting as soon as possible -- our temporary housing has no air conditioning, in the middle of the summer, and it is expected to be a hot summer.

A big change leads to many big questions. Where will we live? Will we need a car? How long will it take to commute to school and work? And, what will Jonathan do the entire month of January?

No comments: