Sunday, May 3, 2015

Ice Skating

I told Jonathan he had to do something athletic every week. It could be running, it could be a team sport. But he had to do something. And he could choose his activity, unless he didn't choose, and then I would choose for him.

Jonathan chose ice skating lessons.

And since he chose ice skating lessons, and it sounded like fun, and there were adult lessons at the same time as the kids' lessons, I signed myself up for ice skating too. And Jonathan and I have been taking ice skating lessons since January.

Ice skating is fun!

I have learned how to stop, to glide, to glide on one foot, to skate backwards. To skate backwards on one foot (kind of). To turn from forwards to backwards while moving. To spin!

Today after my lesson ended, Jonathan's teacher came over to find me. She said that Jonathan is a super star in her basic level 3 class, and that he should be in private lessons, and competitions! Because he glides and spins and skates backwards and skates backwards on one foot. And turns from forwards to backwards while moving. He is a natural!

I feel like a proud parent, yes I do. But part of me is jealous for having been shown up by a 10 year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He has improved 100% - I noticed that when I took him skating last time. Maybe you'll be able to find lessons for him in AU.