Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reaching out

I've been doing outreach activities.

On Wednesday, I ran math games for the teenage young women in our church group.

Thursday, it was my turn to help out with after school math at Jonathan's school.

Friday, I agreed to be on a radio program talking about math and pi day.

And this morning, Saturday, I organized math activities for kids on campus.

Outreach is very important. We need to encourage kids to appreciate math, and to help the community realize math is fun and useful, and a skill that can be developed.

But four outreach activities in a row is a lot. I have used up my entire reservoir of enthusiasm. My smile muscles hurt. Ouch.

I'm going to write papers for a while instead. With adults.

And organize my house.

Next posts: how to organize an international move, parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, up to 70.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!
KP

Anonymous said...

:)

EM