Monday, September 1, 2014

Second first day of school

I found this photo on my phone, and had to post it.

This is Jonathan on August 19 2014, on his very first day of school this year.

Kind of.

It was technically his second first day of school, his first first day of school this year having been the 29th of January, which looked like this.


We also have a couple of pictures of the last day of school in 2014, from 29 July, although these were only Jonathan's last day of school, not his friends' last day, so more bitter than sweet.


The above photo is of Jonathan and me, walking home from school through the park in Melbourne for the very last time.  And here is Jonathan that same walk, with his dad.

You can see from the photos that it was clearly winter in Melbourne. I guess the sweet part was going from winter in July, above, to summer in August. Which is lovely.

To prove that summer in August is lovely here, I offer one more photo from my phone.


No comments: