Sunday, August 18, 2013

After tenure

Now that I have tenure, I do crazy things. Like wear purple sparkly glasses with hearts on them. It is true. I have worn them all week. I am wearing them now.

 
My new purple sparkly glasses make a statement to the world. They say, "World, I am wearing purple sparkly glasses." Apparently from the photo above, they also say, "World, I have a large red nose. But ignore that for the moment and check out these awesome glasses.

People who don't have tenure can wear whatever glasses they want, but typically they will want to wear more boring, conservative glasses, that say, "World, I can conform. I am reliable and diligent and I wear respectable glasses." But people who have tenure can wear glasses that say, "World, I am a big nerdy nerd with thick glasses. But wait! Also with a hint of sparkle. And purple hearts? That totally indicates some mental instability and wow! You just may want to back away now. Slowly." I scare the world with my purple sparkly glasses. I make them realize that I am unpredictable.

In other unpredictable behavior, I also wore a skirt today to a conference I am attending. This may be a first for me. Or possibly a second. I think I wore a skirt to a conference once about six years ago. And a pink flowery shirt. I am totally off the wall crazy. I know it. Now that I have tenure, I can be crazy in crazy unpredictable ways.


Ha!  Bet you didn't expect another photo here at the end.  See what I mean?
 

No comments: