Monday, February 4, 2013

Be strong

I decided last week that I needed to get into better shape.  Fourteen years ago I had a couple of workouts, each 20 minutes only, which strengthened arms and legs, alternating.  I decided I should pull those out and work them into my schedule again, so that I can be strong.  Looking at my schedule, I decided that I could spend the 20 minutes around 5:30 that I typically spent catching up on facebook.  Just 20 minutes each day, and I would be in super great shape within 10 weeks!  So one week ago, I started out with my awesome leg workout.  And then the arm workout.  And I started a little slow, because I knew it was pretty intense.  And within two days I could no longer walk, stand up, sit down, reach across the dinner table to pass the milk.  Ouch.  Super sore muscles.

But I kept it up.  All week.  20 minutes each day.  And let me tell you, it was the worst 20 minutes of the day by far.  But I did it.  I did it!  And today, I am still a little sore, but I can walk, stand up, sit down.  Most of the time.

Only 9 weeks to go until I am in shape!  And only 20 minutes each day of torture.



No comments: