Sunday, June 13, 2010

Eat dessert first

Two quick thoughts:

1. This morning, I observed Jonathan gently tucking his light saber into bed, whispering "nighty night", and then cuddling in next to it. Who says little boys aren't nurturing?

2. We had caramel fondue for dinner last night. It's supposed to be a dessert dish for about six people, served with fresh fruit and cake. But when there are only three of you in your dinner party, there is no reason to cook something else. Start and end with dessert! Only halfway through the pot of caramel, we all started feeling slightly queasy, and a little overwhelmed with the sweetness of it all. I guess we'll be eating boiled cabbage and potatoes again tonight.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love that image of your boy and his light saber.

And I hate that sugary, queasy feeling. No, I love it! No, I hate it! No, I love it!

Letterpress said...

Sometimes I'm seduced by the thoughts of lots of sweets, but then I remember that bleh feeling, and I head for the savory first. I do remember the time that Dave and I skipped dinner when we were in Victoria, Canada and had the hotel's "Death by Chocolate": as many chocolate desserts as you wanted. I don't know if I could do that again, but boy, was it memorable. And at that age, I didn't gain any weight from doing that!