Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What's up with us

Jonathan participated in a 5K fun run at school on Friday. His time: 56 minutes and 50 seconds. Yup. He pretty much walked the whole way, and was near the very last to finish. I've been thinking since then that maybe we should put the boy in soccer. Perhaps then he could keep up with his friends. Of course, he didn't care that he didn't keep up. He just wanted the promised popsicle for completing the race. And his dad thinks running is boring and painful, so why push the boy? Why indeed? I just feel like he's missing something when he can't enjoy being out on a nice spring day feeling his legs move. Two against one. I won't win this one.

Tim got a beehive. He has been saying for a while that he wants a beehive in our backyard -- as long as they were someone else's bees and he didn't have to take care of them. Turns out that the uncle of a neighbor up the street is that kind of a beekeeper. On Friday, this man brought over our very own beehive to go in the back corner of the garden. Tim is giddy. He goes outside a few times a day to see how his bees are doing, and checks for them in all our different flowers. The owner will come check on the hive every couple of weeks. Meanwhile, they seem to be settling in nicely.

Me, my biggest recent development is a pinched nerve that makes my neck and shoulders ache. I've had it for a couple of weeks now. Some days are worse than others. I've scheduled an appointment with a doctor, and maybe I'll hear something that will help. I haven't been to see a doctor for a few years, and while I'm at it, I've been thinking that I ought to ask about all the other aches and pains and ills that I haven't asked about for a few years. But then I will come across as a hypochondriac. Can't wait.

2 comments:

Letterpress said...

Make a list and tote it along to the dr. Works every time.

Alyssa said...

ugh, I have a pinched nerve too but I just keep ignoring it because the so-called physical therapist didn't seem to be doing anything for it. I hope you have been luck than me!